The Controller provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization. . The Conroller reports directly to the President and is responsible for all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
Our client provides survey, energy analysis and design of lighting systems to companies across the U.S.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission to help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Train the finance unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness.
- Provide an operating budget.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal control to safeguard financial assets.
- Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Monitor banking activity.
- Ensure adequate cash flow.
- Oversee Accounts Payable/ Accounts Receivable and ensure disaster recovery system is in place.
- Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
Experience and Education:
- Seven to ten years experience in an accounting role.
- Prior experience in Construction, Power/Utilities, Contracting Industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; Master’s degree preferred
- Certified CPA in the State of Ohio preferred
- Articulate and creative
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, military status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.
For more information on our professional staffing services, please contact Heidi Hoyt at 440-605-7227.