We are currently assisting our client in their search for a Staff Accountant.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for analyzing financial information and prepares financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, or other financial activities within the company. As a key member of the finance team, this individual will report to the Accounting Manager and work effectively and efficiently with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Maintain chart of accounts and financial statements in ERP system.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Assist in the development and implementation of accounting procedures.
- Maintain the fixed asset system; provide information for journal entries and ensure proper recording of purchases and disposals.
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries for multiple locations.
- Prepare and analyze account and bank reconciliations.
- Perform other accounting or financial tasks as requested by the CFO or Accounting Manager.
Education & Experience Required:
- 1-2 years of experience required.
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and have strong attention to detail.
- Intermediate to advance skills within Microsoft Office Suite as well as accounting software packages
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.