We are currently searching for an Accounting Assistant to join our team in Fairlawn, Ohio.
The Accounting Assistant performs duties for clients including, but not limited to:
- Process vendor payments, code and match invoices and verify documentation, select invoices for payment and process check runs, reconcile AP monthly, ensure accounting controls are followed
- Cash applications
- Code and submit invoices/documents to the appropriate manager for review and sign-off
- Protect operations, keeping financial information confidential
- Generate reports and analyze data, manipulate system data in Excel to produce specific reports as requested
- General accounting department support: data entry, filing, etc.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Education & Experience Required:
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve the goals of the organization
- Ability to analyze the processes responsible for, recommend efficiencies to the process and implement the improved changes
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Local candidates only, no relocation.