We are currently searching for an Accounting Assistant.
The Accounting Assistant performs duties including, but not limited to:
- Process vendor payments, code and match invoices and verify documentation, select invoices for payment and process check runs, reconcile AP monthly, process payroll, ensure accounting controls are followed.
- Cash applications.
- Code and submit invoices/documents to the appropriate manager for review and sign-off.
- Maintain strong vendor relationships.
- Protect operations, keeping financial information confidential.
- Generate reports and analyze data, manipulate system data in Excel to produce specific reports as requested.
- General accounting department support: data entry, filing, etc.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Required:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- 2+ years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Ability to analyze the processes responsible for, recommend efficiencies to the process and implement the improved changes.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.