Summary of Responsibilities:
The Accounting & Auditing Manager is the liaison between the Partner, the client and the professional staff. Managers are responsible for managing multiple auditing and accounting projects and client engagements simultaneously, and scheduling, staffing and coordinating engagement workflow. Managers develop and train staff. Possesses an in-depth knowledge of Skoda Minotti service offerings, develops long-term relationships, networks both internally and externally and generates new business opportunities.
About the Company:
Skoda Minotti has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, Accounting Today, and Case Western Reserve University’s Weatherhead School of Management as one of the most outstanding and fastest growing privately held companies in the United States; and awarded by the NorthCoast 99 as “One of the best places to work in the Northeast Ohio.” The driving force that differentiates us at Skoda Minotti is a passion for helping our clients achieve their goals by providing them with an unprecedented level of service and “Delivering on the Promise.”
- Responsible for all phases of an audit, compilation or review engagement as well as tax engagements.
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of client’s business.
- Plans, schedules and staffs engagements.
- Maintains a familiarity with qualifications of all staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Prepares engagement letters for approval by Partner.
- Evaluates internal controls and work programs prepared by staff.
- Adheres to engagement time budgets.
- Supervises staff and seniors also provides on-the-job training; reviews work papers and reports prepared by staff.
- Anticipates problem areas of engagement and questions that will arise.
- Keeps Partner informed of all important developments on engagement; analyzes problems and recommends solutions.
- Ensures that financial statements, tax returns and letters of recommendation are prepared in accordance with professional and Firm standards.
- Communicates progress of engagements, problems and resolutions to client.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in performance reviews, encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
- Prepares invoices to clients, communicates details of fees to clients and assists in collection of overdue accounts.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the Firm’s philosophy and its opinions on tax and accounting matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Understands the client’s industry and recognizes key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments. Stays informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client.
- Conducts timely job performance reviews and provides performance feedback/training.
- Uses technology to continually learn, shares knowledge with team members, and enhances service delivery.
- Maintains an educational program to continually develop skills.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with other engagement teams.
Education & Experience Required:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Current and valid CPA license.
- Member in good standing with AICPA.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products as well as accounting and tax software.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in complexity, scope and number of engagements managed.
- Demonstrated ability to bring in new business to the Firm.
- At least one year of experience supervising and directing the work of others
- Excellent project management skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership.
- Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas, along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Assists in recruiting, developing training aids and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested.
- Participates in the Firm’s practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community and industry activities.
- Frequent same day travel for work at client’s offices, meetings and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings or seminars using personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April 15; may be in excess of 55 hours per week.