We are currently assisting our client in their search for an Accounting Manager.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for general ledger management, account reconciliation review, review of cash receipts processing, depreciation and accruals, restricted asset releases, A/R collections, and preliminary monthly accounting cycle closing.
- Working with the CFO, develop and maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems.
- Supervise payroll, billing, receivables, payables, cash receipts, cash disbursements, and general ledger functions.
- Produce monthly financial statements including balance sheet, profit/loss statements, and accumulative general ledger using a computer-based accounting system.
- Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly closing general ledger entries.
- Review reconciliations to ensure that they are prepared properly and follow-up on any unusual items.
- Monitor cash flow and investments, make necessary bank transfers.
- Oversee filing of payroll tax forms including 1099s, IRS pension reports.
- Work with the CFO, in conjunction with independent auditor, preparation of annual audit.
- Oversight of the reconciliation of bank and investment accounts, and prepares related journal entries
- Supervise Staff Accountant and Finance Assistant
- Execute transactions of pension and tax deferred annuity plan deposits
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration or related field and/or minimum of ten years’ experience in accounting and/or finance, preferably with a non-profit
- A high degree of knowledge in payroll and accounting software a plus
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and maintain confidentiality, strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working with a diverse staff are essential to successfully carry out the duties of this position