We are currently searching for an Accounting & Auditing Manager to join our team.
The Accounting & Auditing Manager is the liaison between the Partner, the client and the professional staff. Managers are responsible for managing multiple auditing and accounting projects and client engagements simultaneously, and scheduling, staffing and coordinating engagement work-flow. Managers develop and train staff, possess an in-depth knowledge of the firm’s service offerings, develops long-term relationships, networks both internally and externally, and generates new business opportunities.
Skoda Minotti has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, Accounting Today and INSIDE Public Accounting as one of the most outstanding and fastest growing privately held companies in the United States and was included in the 2014 Accounting Today’s “Best Accounting Firms to Work for”. Our beautiful Tampa office, located in the Fifth Third Bank Building, is in the heart of the city, The driving force that differentiates us at Skoda Minotti is a passion for helping our clients achieve their goals by providing them with an unprecedented level of service and “Delivering on the Promise” while focusing on the growth of our employees.
- Responsible for all phases of an audit, compilation or review engagement as well as tax engagements.
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of client’s business.
- Plans, schedules and staffs engagements.
- Maintains a familiarity with qualifications of all staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Prepares engagement letters for approval by Partner.
- Evaluates internal controls and work programs prepared by staff.
- Adheres to engagement time budgets.
- Supervises staff and seniors also provides on-the-job training; reviews work papers and reports prepared by staff.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Current and valid CPA license.
- Member in good standing with AICPA.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products as well as accounting and tax software.
- Frequent same day travel for work at client’s offices, meetings and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings or seminars using personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April 15; may be in excess of 55 hours per week.