Major Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for over 200 employees in the U.S. and Canada; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions and / or runs.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, budget and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. overtime, leave balances, head count, medical contributions, retirement contribution reports etc.
- Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Setup each employee, valid programs for each employee’s charges, and adherence to FLSA; monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and compliance with federal/state/local regulations
- Checks all payroll reports and figures, ensuring all payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviews payroll documentation for accuracy through audit reports and makes any necessary adjustments. Obtains all required approvals for payroll submission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting or finance; experience in payroll operations.
- Knowledge of EDP-oriented accounting systems, SAP Preferred
- Advanced computer literacy including MS Word, Excel and Power Point software applications.
- Prior proven experience utilizing a payroll platform such as ADP; preferred experience with optimizing payroll platform and proficient in payroll report generation including custom reports.
- Excellent time management skills.