We are currently assisting our client in their search for a Property Accountant.
Under the general direction of the Operations Controller, the Property Accountant is responsible for completing sound financial analysis, balance sheet account reconciliation, and preparing regular reports and tasks based on organizational objectives. The Property Accountant may provide backup in the absence of other Accounting staff. They will conduct all organizational business and practices in accordance with company policies.
- Responsible for month end closing activities specific to a portfolio of properties
- Reconciles selected general ledger accounts as required by Controller or Assistant Controller.
- Prepare year-end audit and tax return preparation packages for review by Controller or Assistant Controller prior to submission to external accountants.
- Prepare annual budgets for each property.
- Review and analyze budget and account variances on a monthly/quarterly basis as directed.
- Review and research company contracts such as landscaping and snow plowing to ensure appropriateness of charges.
- Monitor real estate tax payment schedules, annual real estate tax valuations and review/research increases in property values.
- Maintain company/property fixed asset records for each property including annual amortization and depreciation for tax and GAAP purposes; initiate annual fixed asset inventory
- Participates in accounting department meetings via telephone or in person.
- All other related job duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related degree desired
- 3+ years of accounting experience required
- Computer literacy required, including strong skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Respectful and Trustworthy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills – verbal, written, listening and follow-up
- Strong Time Management and Presentation skills