We are currently assisting our client in their search for a Senior Accountant.
Responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager with accounting and operational related tasks.
- Performs the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial reports for internal and external parties.
- Manage an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close and the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Some data entry and processing to support sales/accounts receivable, accounts payable, employee expense reports, credit card transactions, and inter-company transactions.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure including project accounting.
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and other financial reports.
- Assist with annual audits and tax return preparation with external accounting firm.
- Sales order processing including invoicing of customers and shipping product
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Sales Reporting
- Inventory Management
- Work with the CFO and Accounting Manager on special projects as they arise
- Current needs include process improvement initiatives and new software/ application initiatives
- Assist sales team members on as-needed basis with other projects and duties from time to time
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in accounting; public accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to organize, self-prioritize, and be a self-start in a fast-paced environment with demanding internal and external deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with competency for identifying trends, detecting errors, and analytical and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate skill level with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications preferred; strong Excel skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present findings in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to “get the job done” in a “we-can-do” environment, allowing for flexible hours, depending upon the project and/or customer needs.
- Small office environment (does own documentation and interacts directly with others in virtually all situations).
- Travel will be minimal, and when necessary, can usually be well planned in advance (examples include industry trade meetings, technical training, visits to key user sites, etc.)