Summary of Responsibilities:
We are currently assisting our client in their search for a Staff Accountant (Accounts Receivable).
The Staff Accountant would handle accounts receivable, collections, reconciliations, general ledger maintenance, bad debts reserve, excess & obsolete inventory reserve, cash reporting, payroll and providing assistance to Manager of General Accounting during month end close.
- Download and print lockbox and wire transfers, post cash receipts, reconcile cash balances and prepare cash entries on a daily basis.
- Prepare the daily cash balance report.
- Enter cleared checks
- Maintain accounts receivable aging, make collections calls, respond to customer inquiries and handle all A/R related calls.
- Perform weekly inventory cycle counts for select solutions and raw materials.
- Manage the Fifth Third Corporate Purchase card program. Make changes in MPC codes and credit limits for employees. Also manage the process wherein all employees review monthly their spending and the assignment of account numbers to the expenses. Prepare any journal entries regarding the purchase cards on a monthly basis.
- Handle company petty cash transactions.
- Prepare excess & obsolete inventory reserve calculation on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for divisional domestic payroll process. Maintain the payroll file in ADP, input all payroll information (hours, rates, deductions and deposits) on a semi-monthly schedule. Send reports to Manager of General Accounting related to each payroll. Distribute the paystubs to the outlying domestic locations. Manage the monthly upload process of the payroll data into the general ledger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field required.
- 3+ years of work experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal format.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities.
- Experience in placing collections calls to speed up receivables collections is mandatory.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in this busy position.
- Experience with Dynamics GP a plus.