Skoda Minotti is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Mayfield Village office.
Summary of Responsibilities
This position supports various aspects of internal finance and accounting for the firm. Under the supervision of the Assistant Controller he/she aids in the preparation of financial statements and analysis reports by making journal and adjusting entries, reconciling bank accounts, and maintaining the general ledger and supporting account schedules.
- Maintain the accuracy of the General Ledger (GL) by verifying correct charts and NAV dimensions are used
- Report to the Assistant Controller when Dimensions need to be blocked or dimension combinations need to be assigned
- Review and re-class Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable entries to the GL and make adjusting entries as needed
- Inform AP/AR staff of errors to prevent future mistakes
- Prepare, enter and post payroll weekly and semi-monthly journal entries after payrolls have been processed
- Prepare and post monthly bank reconciliations for all firm bank accounts
Education and Experience Required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with emphasis in Accounting is required
Two+ years’ of relevant Accounting work experience, preferably with a service organization
Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
This job has been posted by Skoda Minotti Professional Staffing. For more information or other open positions available through this group, please click here to leave a message. Or, contact us directly at 440-449-6800.