We are currently assisting our client in their search for a Staff Auditor.
The Staff Auditor reports to an Internal Audit Supervisor, conducts financial, compliance, and operational audits and consulting engagements in accordance with the Internal Audit Plan and the Internal Audit Charter as approved by the Audit Committee. The overall goal is to add value, which is communicated through audit and consulting reports to Management and the Audit Committee.
- Audits include: assistance with the year-end financial statement audit; Section 404 testing; project/construction audits; operational audits, compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations; fraud testing; ethics compliance testing; and special projects.
- Assist with various projects and activities of the department and work closely with Management personnel to achieve testing and project objectives.
- Coordination with IT Audit personnel is also essential during planning and fieldwork to ensure IT information is appropriately considered and leveraged in the audit work to drive effective and efficient audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (relevant experience may be in lieu of degree requirement).
CPA or CPA candidate preferred; CIA, CFE a plus.
- At least 2 years in public accounting, or some experience in an internal audit department of a large corporation.
- Section 404 testing experience preferred.
- Exemplify and exhibit the highest quality of character and ethics.
- Value-driven approach.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of corporate auditing practices, procedures, principles and GAAP.
- Strong interpersonal skills – a relationship builder that relies on collaboration with auditees to develop practical solutions and to solicit important information to help develop our audit plan.