We are currently assisting our client in their search for a VP of Accounting.
Under the general direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the incumbent is responsible for managing, directing, and leading the accounting function of the company. They will conduct all organizational business and practices in accordance with company policies.
- Guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing company policies and procedures to maintain and protect company assets
- Overseeing the operations of the accounting department, including the redesign of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s strategic goals.
- Being involved in the overall strategic direction of the company which includes compiling executive level financial information to help with overall company decision making
- Collaborating with and supporting other members of the executive team in any possible way
- Determining and the issuing of financial and operating company metrics which would include the use of internal audits
- Working to evolve and fine tune business controls which dictate accounting/financial practices and policies that support a rapidly growing and changing business
- Determining and preparing an overall master company budget (financial forecast) alongside the CFO.
- Analyzing and determining budget variances and reporting this information to the executive team to initiate corrective actions
- Creating financial analysis reports as necessary to establish an overall reporting system to highlight company investments and ROI, debt/equity position, risk mitigation, etc. (this would include the maintenance of the Global Report)
- Advising on matters of fiscal procedure and importance to the company which would include the preparation of special reports from the analysis of critical information and trends
- Participating in the negotiation of high dollar company contracts
- Optimizing the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism alongside the CFO that includes a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs of the company
- Establishing and maintaining systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes/data, and policies/procedures to enhance the overall value of the company
- Maintaining a high degree of confidentiality to ensure that all company records and financial information is safeguarded
Education & Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required; a Master’s Degree is preferred
- 10+ years of relevant accounting experience with at least 5 years of direct real estate and/or construction experience is required.
- Computer literacy required, including strong skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate
- High Standards
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision
- Leadership and Communication skills – verbal, written, listening and follow-up
- Presentation skills, strong time management skills, financial management acumen and personal effectiveness