Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for technical research, drafting and supporting SEC filings and benefit plan statements; providing support to other areas of Corporate finance in relation to business unit analyses provided to management and externally; providing support to the Corporate Accounting department in the monthly close and assisting with coordination of the external audit process.
About the company:
Our client is a privately-held, global leader in aluminum rolled products and extrusions, alluminum recycling and specification alloy production.
- Maintain integrity of financial statements and disclosures, including compliance with US GAAP, and SEC rules.
- Analysis of financial statements for trends and accounting errors.
- Lead the development, execution, management and updating a monthly reporting package for the monthly close process, which will be utilized by Corporate Accounting and Senior Management in analyzing actual results.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to accelerate the close to report timeline to ensure compliance with SEC’s accelerated filer deadlines.
- Analysis of internal controls for weaknesses and establishing and maintaining sound internal controls within SOX environment.
- Communication with internal auditors, regulatory auditors and external auditors. Manage and assist in monthly and quarterly reporting, analysis and forecasting for all business units.
- Implement and maintain performance goals.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance preferred.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- 5+ years experience in internal/external accounting and reporting.
- Excellent understanding of accounting and U.S. GAAP.
- Big 4 experience preferred. Taxation experience a plus.
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion preferred
- Ability to travel approximately 10% both domestic and international.
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition.