Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the collection of outstanding receivables and the allocation of cash received from tenants, establishes and maintains bad debt reserves, and the credit analysis process.
About the company:
- Our client is a publicly traded real estate investment firm.
- Manages the collection of deliquent accounts to minimize losses.
- Work closely with other other departments to resolve unpaid balances.
- Work closely with Legal department to process collection and/or eviction actions in a timely manner.
- Oversee cash applications to ensure cash received from tenants is properly allocated.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly reserve reports identifying bad debt schedules by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
- Manage Credit Analysis function.
- Direct a staff of 16 professionals by coaching, counseling, and disciplining team members.
- Plan, Monitor and appraise job performance of department members.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years experience in collection management.
- Experience managing and developing a team of collection professionals.
- Real Estate experience is a plus
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition.