Skoda Minotti has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, CPA Digest and Case Western Reserve University’s Weatherhead School of Management as one of the most outstanding and fastest growing privately held companies in the United States, and awarded the North Coast 99 as one of the best places to work in the Northeast Ohio. The driving force that differentiates us at Skoda Minotti is a passion for helping our clients achieve their goals by providing them with an unprecedented level of service and "Delivering on the Promise".
We are currently in search of a Manager of Accounting Operations for our client.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Driving improvements in the global close to report process, increasing its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Developing a plan to periodically monitor progress and adherence to the established processes, working with Internal and External Audit to ensure control issues are identified and remediated timely.
- Assisting BU and Corporate accounting teams in developing processes to address new accounting pronouncements and technical issues.
- Leading corporate compliance efforts with Sarbanes Oxley compliance by acting as a liaison to internal audit, including revisions to process narratives and identification of key controls.
- Assisting in global adoption of/convergence with IFRS.
- Performing accounting due diligence and assisting in integration of acquired businesses.
- Leading process improvement initiatives, coordinating with other functional departments and/or business units.
- Other projects as required.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Five to seven years in public accounting (advisory and internal audit experience a plus).
- Two to three years in a corporate accounting or internal audit setting a plus.
- Proven ability to identify and implement accounting process changes.
- Excellent leadership as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable of US GAAP.
- Oracle or similar ERP system experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to manage conflict and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Solid project management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A relentless focus on driving consistency across our business units is required.
- Hyperion experience considered a plus.
- Self Starter with desire to achieve.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.