Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Conducts financial, compliance, and operational audits in accordance with the Internal Audit Plan and the Internal Audit Charter as approved by the Audit Committee.
About the company:
- Our client is a publicly traded real estate company engaged in the ownership, development, management and acquisition of commercial and residential real estate and land across the United States.
- Conduct audits for the organization to assess the accuracy of financial records, compliance with laws and regulations, and efficiency/effectivness of operations (including management policies and procedures). Other audit areas include: fraud, eithis and special projects.
- Develop audit work plans which coincide with the annual audit plan and execute the work plans.
- Identify and clearly define audit issues and root causes. Ensure that recommendations are clearly presented to and agreed to by Management.
- Draft audit reports and ensure they are issued timely.
- Perform financial statement testing in accordance with the audit programs established by the external auditors.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred: CIA, CFE a plus
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years direct auditing experience in public accounting
- Experience in an Internal Audit Department of a large corporation will be considered.
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition.
For more information, please contact Heidi Hoyt at 440-605-7227, or click here: Professional Staffing Group.