CLEVELAND – Skoda Minotti is pleased to announce an educational not-for-profit seminar, featuring nationally recognized not-for-profit expert Dick Larkin, as well as other industry experts, on June 21, from 7:45-11:30 a.m. at 700 Beta Banquet and Conference Center in Mayfield Village. The seminar is free-of-charge.
Larkin is the Technical Director for Not-for-Profit accounting and auditing for the Institute for Nonprofit Excellence in the Washington, D.C. office of BDO USA, LLP. Previously he was the Technical Director in the Not-for-Profit Industry Services Group in the national office of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. He is a co-author of the fourth, fifth, and sixth editions of Financial and Accounting Guide for Not-for-Profit Organizations, author of the first edition of Financial Statement Presentation and Disclosure Practices for Not-for-Profit Organizations (published by the AICPA), as well as numerous articles.
Joining Larkin will be Brian Broadbent from Business Volunteers Unlimited, Frances Post and Mary Ogden from The OgdenPost Consulting Group LLC and the professionals from Skoda Minotti’s not-for-profit practice, as they present on the following topics:
• Regulations affecting not-for-profits
• Current state of not-for-profits in Northeast Ohio
• How not-for-profits should gauge themselves as economic challenges continue and the environment continues to shift around them
• How to safeguard a not-for-profit’s assets
Skoda Minotti is an independent member of the BDO Seidman Alliance, a national association of local and regional accounting, consulting and service firms.
To register for the seminar online, visit http://notforprofitseminarjune21.eventbrite.com/.
June 21, 2011
7:45 – Breakfast and Networking
8:15 – Welcome
8:30 – Dick Larkin, BDO, Not-for-Profit Industry Update
9:30 – Brian Broadbent, Business Volunteers Unlimited, Current State of Not-for-Profits in NEO
10:00 – Break
10:15 – Frances Post & Mary Ogden, The OgdenPost Consulting Group LLC, Survive and Thrive: Round Two
10:45 – Herzl Ginsburg, Skoda Minotti, Safeguarding your Not-for-Profit’s Assets
11:15 – Closing Comments
700 Beta Banquet and Conference Center
700 Beta Drive
Cleveland, OH 44143
3 CPE credits will be offered to registrants upon request
About Skoda Minotti
Skoda Minotti (www.skodaminotti.com, 888-201-4484) is a CPA, business and financial advisory firm. Clients of the firm range from closely-held businesses to public companies, from individuals and partnerships to corporations, trusts and estates. Skoda Minotti is an independent member of the BDO Seidman Alliance. The Alliance offers its vast resources and technical expertise to clients through over 200 firms and 360 locations across the United States and 621 firms in 107 countries globally.
• Inc. 500 List of fastest growing private companies
• Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies Hall of Fame
• Weatherhead 100 Award for outstanding growth companies in Northeast Ohio
• Recognized by Inside Public Accounting as one of the country’s best managed accounting firms
• Crain’s Cleveland Business Cool Places to Work Award
• Multiple-time winner of NorthCoast 99 Award honoring the best workplaces for top talent in Northeast Ohio
• Multiple-time – NEO Success Award winner for top public, private and emerging companies in Northeast Ohio
• Multiple-time World Class Customer Service Award winner
• Multiple-time Practical Accountant’s Practice Innovation Award winner
• Multiple-time Pillar Award for Community Service winner
• INSIDE Public Accounting Top 200 Accounting Firms