Summary of Responsibilities:
We are currently assisting our client in their search for an End User Support Specialist/Junior Network Administrator.
- 65% of time spent on providing support to 70+ end users. Duties will include troubleshooting and resolving issues with hardware and software, network connectivity, printer, phone system and other peripheral devices.
- 30% of time will be dedicated to working with the Network Administrator with Active Directory and Exchange administration, Windows Server configuration and support, creating and supporting virtual servers using VMWare and/or Hyper-V, system documentation, monitoring system logs, perform system back up’s and restores, and maintain development/test environments.
- 5% of time to be spent administering the phone, voice-mail system, and video conferencing systems.
Education & Experience Required:
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, CIS, or related subject but Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 2+ years of professional IT support experience.
- High academic achievement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Windows Server and MS Office.
- Experience performing software and hardware installations/upgrades.
- Network and server installation, configuration and administration of Windows Server.
- Configuration and support of firewalls, remote access, phone system and videoconferencing systems.
- Administration and support of Microsoft Exchange Server and MS SQL Server.