We are currently searching for a Staff Accountant for our Small Business Services Group.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for preparing client financial statements, monthly sales tax and payroll reports, quarterly payroll reports, and other associated bookkeeping services.
- Prepare bank reconciliation using client data
- Input/import client data into firm accounting software
- Prepare/input appropriate journal entries
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Prepare appropriate client sales tax reports using client data
- Prepare client payroll
- Prepare appropriate client payroll report/deposits using client data
- Assist clients with questions about accounting transactions in QuickBooks
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- Work experience in public accounting, with strong payroll experience required
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks Online is preferred. QuickBooks certification highly desirable
- Attention to detail, and deadline-oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong time management and administrative skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; able to get along well with diverse personalities; tactful, mature and flexible
- Ability to operate independently and “self-manage” projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills