We are currently searching for a Manager of Estimating & Business Development for our construction client. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, and have an interest in partnering with ownership to grow the business.
The Manager of Estimating & Business Development will be managing and performing all aspects of estimating and bidding, new and existing client development; working to build relationships and drive new business. This position is responsible for further developing and documenting department standards and procedures and will work closely with management on all of these essential functions.
- Overall responsibility for preparing and submitting proposals, budgets and estimates for projects.
- Receive and Review RFQ’s from clients and architects. Assess and respond to these with management input.
- Gather necessary documentation needed to prepare estimates.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and schedule/conduct additional site visits with subcontractors as needed. Travel to job sites to gather information on materials needed, labor requirements, and site utilization, etc.
- Actively participate and lead client development efforts in identifying and tracking client and project pursuits.
- Organize/update/submit prequalification data for projects being pursued as well as for new client development.
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements and compute costs by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Provide clear, detailed quality take-offs:
- Manage the collection and distribution of RFI documentation.
- Identify and communicate to management any problems or concerns relating to design, schedule, cost or other significant issues that may affect project outcome and risk.
- Ensure the flow of bid and preconstruction information internally and externally is maintained and documented.
- Qualify subcontractor quotations to ensure that they meet the requirements of the project and comply with the bidding documents.
- Participate in and support transition efforts from bidding to construction. Support construction operations, as necessary, to ensure the best possible outcomes for each awarded project.
- Organize and/or perform bid delivery and attend bid openings.
- In conjunction with Management, develop and administer a comprehensive business development plan including:
- Charity event programs
- Work with management and staff to develop successful ads
- Properties Magazine
- Company Website
- Spirit wear
- Logo review & maintenance
- Other areas to be considered
- Charity event programs
- Holiday gifts
- Other to be developed
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Management experience with a self-performing contractor in both estimating and business development.
- Some college preferred; related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience also considered.
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to drive a process from inception to completion.
- Good communication both oral and written, strong clerical and telephone skills. Must be accurate and organized.